COLUMBUS, OHIO – The Columbus Blue Jackets are thrilled to announce that Get Out And Learn presented by Safelite returns this summer with street hockey sessions starting in May. the free clinics will be held throughout central Ohio and will run through August.
Since 2018, the Blue Jackets have introduced hockey to more than 3,200 children through year-round ice and street hockey clinics. Designed for new participants, boys and girls aged five to nine, the clinics are part of the team’s commitment to growing the game by removing barriers to entry into the sport.
Each clinic is 30 minutes long and attendees receive age-appropriate instruction from certified USA Hockey coaches in a safe and fun atmosphere. Attendees will also receive their own CBJ-branded hockey stick to encourage them to play off the rink, along with a ball and t-shirt.
The summer series will feature the Blue Jackets’ collaboration with community partners including Westerville Parks & Recreation, Upper Arlington Parks & Recreation, Grandview Heights Parks & Recreation, Gahanna Parks & Recreation, Columbus Recreation & Parks, Grove City Parks & Recreation and the YMCA. from central Ohio.
• May 9 – 6 p.m. & 6:45 p.m. – Thomas Knox Ice Rink (Westerville)
• May 17 – 6 p.m. and 6:45 p.m. – Sunny 95 hockey rink (Upper Arlington)
• June 11 – 11:30 a.m., 12:15 p.m., 1 p.m. – Thomas Knox Ice Rink (Westerville)
• June 16 – 6 p.m. and 6:45 p.m. – Shull Park Hockey Rink (Gahanna)
• July 23 – 10 a.m. & 10:45 a.m. – Tuttle Park Hockey Rink (Columbus)
• August 12 – 6 p.m. & 6:45 p.m. – Evans Senior Center (Grove City)
• August 24 – 6 p.m. and 6:45 p.m. – Community YMCA of Delaware (Delaware)
In an effort to accommodate as many families as possible, Get Out And Learn is a unique participation program. Each session can accommodate up to 60 participants.
The Get Out And Learn program is supported by the Industry Growth Fund (IGF), which was created by the NHLPA and the NHL under the current collective agreement, to help grow the game of hockey.
Pre-registration is required and open now. Learn more and register at BlueJackets.com/GOAL.